1841 Ezra Baker gave the township land to the northeast of Enon for a cemetery. It is now at the northeast edge of Enon and is called the Enon Cemetery. Land was added to the cemetery in 1884 when the township bought land from Mrs. Hattie Funderburgh for $110.00 and from Mrs. Sarah Denlinger for $334.00. Again, in 1906 the township bought three acres from Charles Young for $700.00. Seventeen acres to the east were added in 1978.
One will find earlier burials than 1841, but these were moved from family plots. Three Revolutionary soldiers, two War of 1812 soldiers, many from the Civil War, Civil War Monument in the Enon Cemetery
plus soldiers of more recent wars, are buried in the cemetery. There is a Soldier’s Monument, bearing the names of 31 local men who died during the Civil War, but not necessarily brought home for burial. Some of the known sextons through the years have been Lee Pierce, Dan Helmer, William Stabler, Clay Hardman, Slim Frock (1944-1969), Newton Shellabarger (1970-1982), Webb McClennam, Dave Caupp, Larry Grube and Don O’Connor . By 1987 there were 3,212 burials in the cemetery. At that time members of the society under the direction of Jean and Don Huprich read the headstones to update the sexton’s book and make corrections. The Huprichs then prepared a computer index to the cemetery. Members that worked on the project were Susanne Fike, Lewis and Carol DeVore, Martha Hahn, Dolly Knight, Marguerite Cox, Richard and Irene Ferriman, and Robert and Susan Meyer. The Enon Community Historical Society is in the process of updating cemetery records to 2020.
An updated database is maintained in the Mike Barry Research Center for anyone to do research.